Four Popular Steamers and Pressure Cookers Worth Considering
|Food Steamer / Pressure Cooker Comparison Chart|
|Gourmia GPC-800 Smart Pot Electric Digital Multifunction Pressure Cooker||Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD Digital Rice Cooker Steamer||Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer||Power Pressure Cooker XL 6 Quart|
|Capacity||6 qt||3 qt||4 qt||6 qt|
|Read Review||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review|
With the Gourmia GPC-800 Smart Pot Electric Digital Multifunction Pressure Cooker, making a healthy and delicious meal fast is easier than ever. The non-stick, removable inner liner and stainless steel exterior make for quick and easy cleanup.
Thanks to the built-in lid rest, you don’t have to worry about setting a steaming hot lid on your countertop or table. And the 13 programmable cooking modes (including .....
The bestselling Aroma 8-Cup Digital Rice Cooker/Food Steamer is as easy to use as it is versatile. Not only can it cook rice and steam vegetables, you can also use it to make quick, one-pot meals, like soup, stew, and chili recipe.
The inner cooking pot is removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe, so clean-up is quick and easy. And .....
The Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer is both compact and durable food steamer that takes the hassle out of preparing quick, healthy meals. Not only does the steamer prepare your meal fast but, when the cooking is done, it automatically switches to “warm,” so your food will stay warm and ready to eat for as much as one hour.
Thanks to its versatility, you can use this steamer to prepare .....
With the Power Pressure Cooker XL 6 Quart, you can have a delicious meal on the table 70% faster than you can with traditional cookware. Thanks to flavor infusion technology, the natural juices and nutrients are locked into the food, making your favorite dishes healthier and more flavorful.
Clean-up is a breeze thanks to .....
Food Steamers and Pressure Cookers: Their Amazing Benefits
Some people love to cook.
What they don’t love standing on their feet for hours on end, toiling over a hot stove.
Luckily, there are cooking methods that allow you to cook full, delicious meals in a fraction of the time. No toiling or hot stoves necessary.
Pressure cookers and food steamers make cooking faster, easier, and more convenient. And here are some of the benefits of using these amazing kitchen appliances.
3 Benefits of Using a Modern Pressure Cooker
When pressure cooking, you add your ingredients and some liquid to the pressure cooker and seal the pot tight. As the contents are heated, pressure and steam cook your food at lightening speeds.
Here are a few of the benefits of using a modern pressure cooker.
1. It saves time and energy. You can prepare meals up to 70% faster in a pressure cooker than you can using traditional cooking methods. So you can still enjoy a hot, delicious meal at the end of a busy day without spending a lot of time cooking it.
And instead of using several pots and three or four burners to prepare a meal, you can make a one-pot dish in your pressure cooker. This, along with the fast cooking times, will save energy…which will save you money on your next electric bill.
2. Food is more flavorful and nutritious. The longer foods cook, the more nutrients they tend to lose. But because pressure cookers can cook a dish so fast, foods can retain more of their vitamins and minerals. So you can enjoy healthier meals without drastically changing your eating habits.
Cooking time can also affect the flavors of a dish. The longer food cooks, the more flavor it can lose. But foods cooked fast in a pressure cooker retain more flavor, and are tastier as a result.
3. Modern pressure cookers have plenty of safety features. There was a time when pressure cooking was actually considered dangerous. As a result, many people are reluctant to give pressure cooking a try. But modern pressure cooker manufacturers make sure their products are as safe as they are convenient.
In fact, it’s hard to find a pressure cooker made by a reputable manufacturer that isn’t packed with safety features. For example, most modern pressure cookers are incapable of building up the levels of pressure old school pressure cookers could. And most have a locking feature so the lid can’t be removed until the pressure has been safely released.
3 Benefits of Using a Food Steamer
A food steamer generally has a pot on the bottom, which is filled with water. On the top is a “steamer basket” (which can be made of metal or plastic) where you place your food. As the water is heated, it generates the steam that cooks your dish.
So what are some of the benefits of cooking with a food steamer?
1. Your meals will be healthier. Many cooking methods rob your food of nutrients. For example, when you boil vegetables, most of the vitamins and minerals end up in the water instead of in your dish. But steamed foods are cooked above the water instead of in it, and retain more of their nutrients.
Also, some cooking methods require you to add fat (like butter or oil) to cook a dish. But, in a steamer, the steam is all you need to fully cook your food. As a result, steamed foods are low in fat and cholesterol.
2. Steaming is fast and convenient. A food steamer is great for one-pot cooking. Just add your ingredients and walk away. And, when you come back, your meal will be ready to serve.
In some food steamers, you can prepare two or more separate dishes at once. So you could use your steamer to cook your chicken, broccoli and rice all at the same time.
3. Steamed foods retain their color and flavor. Boiled vegetables can look colorless and faded. Steamed vegetables, on the other hand, are bright and vibrant. This can make a dish more appealing to the eye.
And vegetables that are boiled can taste as bland as they look because a lot of their flavor is lost in the cooking water. But steamed vegetables retain their natural flavors and juices, making them more flavorful. So not only is steaming a healthy cooking method, but steamed foods taste great too.